Resurgence Support Payment amended to include new businesses
The Government’s Resurgence Support Payment (RSP) has been updated to better support newly established businesses.
From 9 September 2021 if you've been in business for at least 1 month before the alert level increase on 17 August 2021, you can apply for the payment. The original criteria was 6 months.
Other Eligibility Criteria:
- Applicants must have experienced a decrease of revenue of at least 30% due to the increase in alert level.
- The business or organisation must be considered viable and ongoing.
Charities and not-for-profit organisations may be entitled to the RSP, provided they meet the other eligibility requirements.
- State sector organisations are excluded from the RSP, but can apply to the Minister of Finance for an exemption to apply for the scheme.
- Income that is received passively – such as interest and dividends, and all forms of residential and commercial rent – is excluded from the measurement of revenue.
- Your business must be physically present in New Zealand.
- Applicants must be 18 years or older.
- Businesses and organisations (including sole traders) must have a New Zealand Business Number.
To be eligible, your business must have experienced at least a 30% drop in revenue or a 30% decline in capital-raising ability over a 7-day period, due to an increase in Alert Levels.
Resurgence Support Payment amount:
You can receive $1,500 per business plus $400 per full-time employee (FTE), up to 50 FTE. The maximum payment is $21,500.
If you're a sole trader, you can receive a payment of up to $1,900.
You can apply for the COVID-19 Resurgence Support Payment in your myIR account.